Vial of Salt is a raid-focused guild commited to clearing raid across multiple teams. We are a laid back guild with a positive, friendly environment. We expect our members to have a mastery of the classes they play, however we understand they have lives outside of the game. Our community is built on mutual respect, and we have a zero tolerance policy for needless drama. Though we have a guild leader, we employ council leadership, and ideas and suggestions for the guild are always greatly encouraged. We are aware that content in Guild Wars 2 can sometimes become stale, so we also play other games with eachother, including but not limited to Terraria, Minecraft, The Division, and Tabletop Simulator (Secret Hitler mostly).
Code of Conduct
- Employ friendly discourse. Any member who is in any way detrimental to a positive community will find themselves swiftly removed from the guild. This includes but is not limited to overly sexual, discriminitory, or intimidating comments. Obviously there is some room for jokes, but make sure to keep things in focus.
- No needless drama. Anyone who tends to stir the pot too much will not find a home here.
- Respect each others' time. Do not waste excessive time by being late to raid, forgetting food/utility, or "trolling" in such a way that results in significant time loss for your comrades.
- Uphold a favorable guild image. Hold yourself to the same standard in map/party chats as you would in guild chat.
- Communicate. If you forsee a potential problem in guild, or in a raid scenario, please speak up. Our community is all about open communication, and you will never be made to feel as though your thoughts don't matter.
- Learn, and accept criticism. If you are a member of our community, you are likely involved in raiding. In order to have the highest quality team, each member must know their role inside and out, and it always helps to know more than one. Learn about the fights, learn about new builds, talk to eachother about them, and use your guild members as a knowledge base. If someone provides you with suggestions, take them as such, and not as attacks on your character. If you feel someone is criticizing in an unhelpful way, feel free to say so.
- Teams are not in direct competition with one another. Some teams will clear some fights faster than others, please think of this as a good opportunity to learn more about the fight. Do not promote unhealthy competition.
- Have fun. If you don't have fun with the game any more, we won't harangue you to stay. Feel free to suggest other games to play with people, we end up doing that quite a bit. If you get burned out on raiding, PvP for a while, or just show up for events. This is a low pressure guild, feel free to just hang out.
- The answer to the registration and raid application question Cake or Pie is "Ninja" without the quotes.