Installing ARCDPS Tutorial (Personal DPS meter)

CamP

Unsalted
Council
GW2 Member
Providing Overwatch
WoW Member
Download d3d9.dll (https://www.deltaconnected.com/arcdps/x64/)

Move d3d9.dll to your Guild Wars 2\bin64\ folder wherever you installed the game. Example: D:\games\Guild Wars 2\bin64\d3d9.dll

Start Guild Wars 2 and set the options you prefer for ARCDPS.

• AREA STATS will show your actual/true DPS. The other team members in your group will have their damage simulated to about 1-5% of their actual/true DPS which is a reasonable margin of error.
  • SAVE EVTC LOGS ON ENCOUNTERS will save a log file of your raid encounters to your /My Documents/arcdps/arcdps.cbtlogs/ folder. You can parse these logs using raidheroes.tk or padl.tk.
  • COMPRESS EVTC WITH PS (WIN 10) This automatically compresses your logs since the raw version can be fairly large. Windows 10 only feature!

Note: You will need to update ARCDPS regularly, your game will probably crash after a patch. If there's no update available, just remove d3d9.dll from your bin64 folder.
Note: Sometimes the ARCDPS UI will freeze. It should still be working properly but you may need to restart your game client to interact with it.
Note: Followed the directions and still can't get it working? You may need to install Visual C++ 2013 and DirectX.

Last edited:
is this like an overlay that anet approves of? like overwolf and such? and will it clash with other addons? (im using one to make the game look even prettier.. forgot the name currently xD)

hgfalling

Unsalted
GW2 Member
SO, why did we choose Arc over BGDM ? I'm just curious.

EDIT:

Arc crashes my game the moment I press any combat keybind.
contacted Arc creator after following some troubleshooting steps.

Last edited:

CamP

Unsalted
Council
GW2 Member
Providing Overwatch
WoW Member
SO, why did we choose Arc over BGDM ? I'm just curious.

EDIT:

Arc crashes my game the moment I press any combat keybind.
contacted Arc creator after following some troubleshooting steps.
There was concern from the members about BGDM phoning home to a remote server which is required for it to work. I understand the concerns, though I verified the data being sent and received was only related to DPS via Wireshark. I reached out to the author and he was gracious enough to send me the server to host here on our personal/private server.

It is currently up and running, I will probably make a separate post for BGDM later today.

CamP

Unsalted
Council
GW2 Member
Providing Overwatch
WoW Member
Correct, however I currently don't have a permanent place to host the server itself as it requires a windows OS.

i use reshade, but since i had to overwrite the d3d9.dll for arcdps, im losing my pretty visuals xD is it possible to just combine the code of them both to get them both working? or would bgdm just avoid this problem alltogether?

Sooo, I accidentally closed the window from the dps-meter. Since then I didnt manage to get it back. Is there any hotkey or something like that to reopen it? I'm kinda lost here :/

Update: I was just too stupid, sry for that ^^

Last edited:

Alec2cool

Unsalted
GW2 Member
I downloaded arcdps and have been using it for a few months. It works fine and all but on your screenshot about setting your arcdps options? I don't see that and I'd love to see what options I can mess around with. Thanks!