Introduction Thread!

Hello guildies. I go by Scrappy online and have been playing GW2 for just over a year. This is my first MMO and I love the community! IRL - I am a Mom to an amazing 12 year boy and wife to a larger version of said 12 year old ;D lol. I work part time as an operations co-ordinator for the local Toyota dealership.

Hi all,

I joined VoS this week after seeing the reddit recruitment thread. I've been on a LONG hiatus from GW2 - got the game a few months after it came out and only played for about 2-3 months before quitting due to school commitment. Now that I've started working, I'm having more time to play the game.

I'm Gunster in game, and just trying to get back into the swing of things. Got and beat HoT this week so I'm slowly starting the ascended gear collection (laurels and daily crafting ples :( ) and hoping to join in raids once I am adequately equipped to do so!

Hai guys :)
My name is Ranessa, I usually go by Vanessa in game/Character names are based upon this alias !
I've been playing GW2 since the beginning, but I am just now getting into raiding.
I main Necromancer/ Reaper-but work really well with Ele & Guard :)

I work for our local newspaper by day as an advertising secretary & graphic artist, but I'm a total nerd lol
(not even joking it's a little ridiculous so says my co-workers)
I hope to run with you guys soon :D
Thanks!

Hi all.
I'm Serge, also known as Azelia. All my characters will use one name or the other, and its perfectly fine to use either.
I don't prefer being called Iggy, as I hold distaste for Iggy Azalea, not to mention it being a different spelling.

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 since August 2013. My main is Azelia Heartshaper, a mesmer, who can Chronotank with full Commander's gear. While i have some experience with other raid roles, I regularly and successfully tank all tank-oriented raid encounters, and I am happy to assist when necessary.

Feel free to use me for Jumping Puzzle portals, free of charge.
TTYL~

Luc

Unsalted
GW2 Member
Hello!

My name is Luc, my account name in GW2 is LucosTheDutch.4819 and I recently joined VoS as I am interested in raiding and my main guild Starbuck (STAR) doesn't do raiding anymore. My fellow STAR guildie Rashy pointed me into this direction for raiding, so here I am.

I'm a 27 years old guy from The Netherlands, Europe. I'm a graphics designer and game developer. In my spare time I'm either getting pumped up at the gym, or playing pens 'n paper RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons with my friends, or playing videogames like Guild Wars 2.

I mostly play on my guardian named Sebastian Lacroix. He's fully decked out in full ascended berserker gear, having access to most weapons (ascended or legendary). I'm currently running the DPS/Support build from metabattle.com but obviously I can switch builds if the team comp requires it.

I can also play warrior and if really needed revenant.

I only have experience with the Vale Guardian, but I've seen videos of all other raid bosses as well, so I kinda know what to expect.

A few questions:

1. How and when are raids organized?
2. How do I join raid groups?
3. Are there requirements that I should be aware of (aside from the obvious, like: having proper gear, proper food, proper builds and being able to listen to the commander)?

Last edited:

spicyTunaRoll

Raison D'etre
Council
GW2 Member
Providing Overwatch
WoW Member
1. Currently Static teams are organized by members who are interested in leading/managing a team. Those people create expectations and requirements for a team they'd like to run. If we determine the person is a good candidate to run a team, we'll help recruit, both in and outside of the guild in order to fill a static roster. This type of team follows a strict schedule, determined by the raid leader.

2. Raid Teams all have their own unique requirements ranging from LI60+ requirements, down to having Weapons/Accessories ascended at a minimum, with no exp required. In order to join a team (provided they have available room at the time), you would need to contact that team's leader in order to get a trial and possible spot on the team. In addition to Static teams, we'll have a floating raid day where the team is made up of guild members, but is a first come first serve team, designed for clearing whatever they can within the allotted time. They will be on any day a host wants it to be on, with several days in advance, and will always be posted on the forum to gather members. The Floating Raid Day concept is in the works, and hasn't been implemented quite yet (but we're working on it). Posts will be made on the forum in advance for any officer/leader sanctioned raid even, including events like learning raids.

3. Requirements are up to the individual team leaders. As an aside, expect fully ascended on your main, with proper stats, weapons, builds, and food. You can see individual team requirements in their personal sub forums.

4. Welcome :)

Well then, I`m Lalythil, but Nadia is probably easier to say... Ive been with the guildwars franchise since gw1 factions. but took a break after i got through gwen. picked up gw2 a few weeks before the start of living world season 1 and stuck ever since. I nowadays mainly do pve content. Dungeons and fractals mainly. (t4s and farctal 40 (speed) farming)

I'm a tax law student in the Netherlands. and hobbies include, but are not limited to gw2, photography, videography, poledancing, woodcarving, playing guitar and piano, reading and watching films. I happened upon this guild when I was searching for a raidguild that would take in people that are new to raiding. I've found raiding very.. intimidating to start with.. just that lfg screen with lfg and lfm separation and everyone asking for LI.. which I obviously don't have... anyway, I have an ele up and ready to go and can probably get 1 or 2 heavy armor toons and 1 leather armor toon ready for raising as well on an as needed basis. just need to know which of them to gear as well as how to gear them. but they can be full ascended in de right stats in a short amount of time.

so anyway.. pleased to meet you all!

hgfalling

Unsalted
GW2 Member
I'm Hgfalling, I usually go by Hg or whatever my current toon's first name is. I played GW1 during Prophecies and Factions but quit to save my sanity just after the second expansion came out. Now years later, I'm poking my head back into GW2. I've been playing since the summer-ish, and have dabbled in everything, but find that I mostly enjoy small group content. My current guild, while I like the people and its fun, doesn't really have the critical mass of players interested in committing to raids, so I'm looking for a home away from home. I'm pretty inexperienced though, just a few pug training raids.

IRL, I'm an options quant for a private equity trading firm. For many years I was a professional poker player and wrote a book about applying quantitative methods to poker. I'm also interested in sports analytics and political philosophy (among other things). Looking forward to learning a lot.

Luc

Unsalted
GW2 Member
Well then, I`m Lalythil, but Nadia is probably easier to say... Ive been with the guildwars franchise since gw1 factions. but took a break after i got through gwen. picked up gw2 a few weeks before the start of living world season 1 and stuck ever since. I nowadays mainly do pve content. Dungeons and fractals mainly. (t4s and farctal 40 (speed) farming)

I'm a tax law student in the Netherlands. and hobbies include, but are not limited to gw2, photography, videography, poledancing, woodcarving, playing guitar and piano, reading and watching films. I happened upon this guild when I was searching for a raidguild that would take in people that are new to raiding. I've found raiding very.. intimidating to start with.. just that lfg screen with lfg and lfm separation and everyone asking for LI.. which I obviously don't have... anyway, I have an ele up and ready to go and can probably get 1 or 2 heavy armor toons and 1 leather armor toon ready for raising as well on an as needed basis. just need to know which of them to gear as well as how to gear them. but they can be full ascended in de right stats in a short amount of time.

so anyway.. pleased to meet you all!
Euuuuuuuujjjjjjjjj nog een Nederlander. \o/

Yo! I've been active in other places, but only recently learned of the forum. So, here I am!

I'm Dr. Tuen, hailing from Oregon, mostly known as "Julian" in the raid group due to a sound-alike joke. I'm unemployed for now, but am actively searching for work to wield my newly minted Doctorate in Chemical Engineering. Then maybe I can stop playing Guild Wars on all low settings at 30FPS, ha ha. I particularly enjoy fighting games and have competed in Super Smash Bros for roughly 15 years (following game releases, so I play Smash 4 now). I also like puzzles and challenges. I'm the fourth in the world to solve Notpr0n (http://notpron.org/notpron/), the second recorded earned "Impossible Boy" Achievement in Super Meat Boy, and the 7th pass of "Yotta Difficult" in Dustforce. If nobody has done it before, I'm interested!

I raid with one of the raid teams here, and it's super fun. I'm attending the JP challenge today, so I'll be branching out to other activities too :-D.